The PIP Quality Improvement (QI) Incentive starts on 1 August 2019.
It’s a payment to general practices that participate in quality improvement activities to improve patient outcomes and deliver best practice care.
There are two components a general practice needs to meet to qualify for a PIP QI Incentive payment:
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement
The PIP QI Incentive rewards practices for participating in continuous quality improvement activities in partnership with their local Primary Health Network (PHN). Practices may focus their quality improvement activities on specified Improvement Measures. There are no set targets for the Improvement Measures. Alternatively, practices can choose to focus their activities on other areas. These areas must be informed by their clinical information system data and meet the needs of their practice population.
- Provide the PIP Eligible Data Set to your local PHN
The PIP Eligible Data Set is the data collected against specified Improvement Measures.
General practices must submit to their local PHN on a quarterly basis the PIP Eligible Data Set from their general practice clinical information system. PHNs will use the de-identified data to provide feedback to general practices. This will help the practices identify key priority areas and quality improvement activities.
To understand the PIP QI requirements and PIP data governance arrangements, please refer to the following documents:
- PIP QI Guidelines (PDF 545 KB)
- PIP QI Guidelines (Word 110 KB)
- Improvement Measures (PDF 216 KB)
- Improvement Measures (Word 90 KB)
- PIP Eligible Data Set Data Governance Framework (PDF 500 KB)
- PIP Eligible Data Set Data Governance Framework (Word 98 KB)