The MedsCheck/Diabetes MedsCheck Program provides for in-pharmacy reviews of consumers who are taking multiple medications and/or have newly diagnosed or poorly controlled Type 2 diabetes. These reviews are aimed at enhancing the quality use of medicines and reducing the number of adverse drug events experienced by consumers.
- educating community based consumers about their medicines including how medicines affect medical conditions;
- identifying any problems they may be experiencing with their medicines; and
- understanding interactions between medicines.
- optimise a consumer’s effective use of medicine through improving understanding of, and compliance with, their diabetes medication therapy;
- improve a consumer’s effective use of blood glucose monitoring devices through training and education; and
- reduce the risk of the consumer developing complications associated with type 2 diabetes.
From 1 March 2014, the Pharmacy Guild of Australia will process applications and claims for payments for the RMMR Programme. For further information, please visit the 5CPA website.