Printable version of 09_12 (PDF 30 KB)
17 February 2012
February 2012 Prostheses List
The purpose of this Circular is to inform the health industry that:
The Private Health Insurance (Prostheses) Rules 2012 (No. 1)
- the delegate of the Minister for Health and Ageing has made rules giving effect to a new version of the Prostheses List (February 2012); and
- the February 2012 Prostheses List commences on 3 March 2012.
('the Rules') are now available on the Department's website. Please note that the Rules have been registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) with a commencement date of 3 March 2012.
Variations from the previous Prostheses List – Part A (Prostheses)
The February 2012 Prostheses List (Part A) contains the following changes:
- 1274 new billing codes (411 for new products, 611 resulting from expansions, 150 resulting from transfers, 83 resulting from compressions and 19 resulting from duplications).
- 1352 billing codes have had amendments to one or more of the following: benefit/s, product information text, product groups/subgroups.
Variations from the previous Prostheses List – Part B (Human Tissue)
The February 2012 Prostheses List (Part B) includes the following changes:
- 38 existing products have had benefit amendments; and
- 4 products have been deleted.
Variations from the previous Prostheses List – Part C (Other Prostheses)
The February 2012 Prostheses List (Part C) includes the following change:
- 1 new billing code (1 new product).
Conditionally listed products
- Billing code CT016 - the provision of the prosthesis is associated with the service described in item 35597 of the general medical services table prescribed under section 4 of the Health Insurance Act 1973; and
- Billing code SO041 - a benefit for the provision of this prosthesis is payable for a child under 18 years of age.
The February 2012 Prostheses List
and associated reports are available on the Department’s website.
If you require further information please telephone: (02) 6289 9853/24 hr answering machine or email the enquiry to Private Health Insurance Branch
For more information visit 2012 Private Health Insurance (PHI) Circulars.
Changing your e-mail address? No longer want circulars? Please email Private Health Insurance Branch