The Australian Health Management Plan for Pandemic Influenza (AHMPPI) outlines Australia’s strategy to manage an influenza pandemic and minimise its impact on the health of Australians and our health system.
The AHMPPI will continue to be updated as new clinical evidence is developed. This plan provides the guidance and a framework for leadership to ensure that Australia is as prepared as possible to deal with an influenza pandemic.
The 2014 AHMPPI was last updated on 21 August 2019 to incorporate minor amendments.
Summary of Updates
|AHMPPI 2019 [current version]||
|AHMPPI 2014||Initial release of current version.|
Full versions of the AHMPPI can be accessed below
- Australian Health Management Plan for Pandemic Influenza (AHMPPI) (PDF 1596 KB)
- Australian Health Management Plan for Pandemic Influenza (AHMPPI) (Word 889 KB)
Commissioned Reports and Summaries of Evidence
The evidence compendium of the AHMPPI contains a series of commissioned reports including literature reviews, modelling and an analysis of the assumptions underlying pandemic planning for the AHMPPI. The findings of these reports have been used to develop the approach taken in the AHMPPI, but as they may also be useful in their own right to provide greater detail of the evidence and analyses accumulated they are provided in the compendium in full. Full copies of these reports can be requested by emailing Pandemic Planning.
A series of summaries have also been developed to outline the key evidence found in the commissioned reports relating to the effectiveness of public health measures. These evidence summaries have been developed for decision makers. Summaries of the commissioned reports can be accessed below.
- Antiviral evidence summary (PDF 726 KB)
- Antiviral evidence summary (Word 67 KB)
- Assumptions evidence summary (PDF 158 KB)
- Assumptions evidence summary (Word 202 KB)
- Border measures evidence summary (PDF 617 KB)
- Border measures evidence summary (Word 115 KB)
- Infection control evidence summary (PDF 170 KB)
- Infection control evidence summary (Word 144 KB)
- Pandemic impact evidence summary (PDF 184 KB)
- Pandemic impact evidence summary (Word 186 KB)
- Pandemic vaccines evidence summary (PDF 216 KB)
- Pandemic vaccines evidence summary (Word 289 KB)
- Social distancing evidence summary (PDF 722 KB)
- Social distancing evidence summary (Word 74 KB)
Should you encounter issues in accessing the information contained either on this web page or within the downloadable documents please email Pandemic Planning.top of page