- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report
- Previous Reports and Updates
- Annual Reports
- Accessibility Issues
The Australian Influenza Surveillance Report is published on a fortnightly basis during the influenza season, typically between May and October. Influenza activity updates will be published outside of the seasonal period.
- Activity – Currently, influenza and influenza-like illness (ILI) activity are low and remain at inter-seasonal levels across Australia. Rhinovirus was the most common respiratory virus detected in patients presenting with ILI to sentinel general practices this fortnight.
- Severity – There is no indication of the potential severity of the 2018 season at this time.
- Impact – There is no indication of the potential impact on society of the 2018 season at this time.
- Virology – This fortnight, the majority of confirmed influenza cases reported nationally were influenza A (77%).
- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report No 02 - 04 June to 17 June 2018 (PDF 1282 KB)
- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report No 02 - 04 June to 17 June 2018 (Word 1176 KB)
- Previous Reports - 2018
- Previous Reports - 2017
- Previous Reports - 2016
- Previous Reports and Updates - 2015
- Previous Reports and Updates - 2014
- Previous Reports - 2013
- Previous Reports - 2012
- Previous Reports - 2011
- Previous Reports - 2010
- Previous Reports - 2009
Should you encounter issues in accessing the information contained either on this webpage or within the downloadable full reports please email flu (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact the Department of Health switchboard on 02 6289 1555 or 1800 020 103.top of page