- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report
- Previous Reports and Updates
- Annual Reports
- Accessibility Issues
The Australian Influenza Surveillance Report is published on a fortnightly basis during the influenza season, typically between May and October. Influenza activity updates will be published outside of the seasonal period.
- Activity –Currently, influenza and influenza-like illness (ILI) activity are high for this time of year compared to previous years. At the national level, notifications of laboratory-confirmed influenza have increased in the past fortnight, however, some jurisdictions have experienced a notable decrease in activity.
- Severity – Clinical severity for the season to date, as measured through the proportion of patients admitted directly to ICU, and deaths attributed to influenza, is low.
- Impact – There is no indication of the potential impact on society of the 2019 season at this time.
- Virology – In the year to date and in the past fortnight, the majority of confirmed influenza cases reported nationally were influenza A (86%). However, the proportion of influenza B nationally has been increasing each week since early May.
- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report No 04 -3 to 16 June 2019 (PDF 1479 KB)
- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report No 04 -3 to 16 June 2019 (Word 1528 KB)
- Previous Reports - 2019
- Previous Reports - 2018
- Previous Reports - 2017
- Previous Reports - 2016
- Previous Reports and Updates - 2015
- Previous Reports and Updates - 2014
- Previous Reports - 2013
- Previous Reports - 2012
- Previous Reports - 2011
- Previous Reports - 2010
- Previous Reports - 2009
Should you encounter issues in accessing the information contained either on this webpage or within the downloadable full reports please email flu (email@example.com) or contact the Department of Health switchboard on 02 6289 1555 or 1800 020 103.top of page