- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report
- Previous Reports and Updates
- Annual Reports
- Accessibility Issues
The Australian Influenza Surveillance Report is published on a fortnightly basis during the influenza season, typically between May and October. Influenza activity updates will be published outside of the seasonal period.
- Activity – At a national level, person to person transmission of influenza and influenza-like illness (ILI) in the community has been increasing slowly since July but remains at low levels.
- Severity – Clinical severity for the season to date, as measured through the proportion of patients admitted directly to ICU, and deaths attributed to influenza, is low.
- Impact – Currently, the impact of circulating influenza on society is low.
- Virology – This fortnight, the majority of confirmed influenza cases reported nationally were influenza A (86%), and where subtyping data were available, influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 was the dominant subtype.
- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report No 08 - 17 August to 09 September 2018 (PDF 1145 KB)
- Australian Influenza Surveillance Report No 08 - 17 August to 09 September 2018 (Word 1281 KB)
- Previous Reports - 2018
- Previous Reports - 2017
- Previous Reports - 2016
- Previous Reports and Updates - 2015
- Previous Reports and Updates - 2014
- Previous Reports - 2013
- Previous Reports - 2012
- Previous Reports - 2011
- Previous Reports - 2010
- Previous Reports - 2009
Should you encounter issues in accessing the information contained either on this webpage or within the downloadable full reports please email flu (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact the Department of Health switchboard on 02 6289 1555 or 1800 020 103.top of page