The Quality Use of Pathology Committee (QUPC) is responsible for overseeing the Quality Use of Pathology Program (QUPP) and providing advice in relation to strategic directions and projects implemented under the program.
The QUPC is comprised of nominees from pathology scientific medical profession, consumer groups, academic institutions and representatives from the Department of Health. Members and their nominating organisations are listed below.
|Dr Michael Harrison||Chair|
|A/Prof Beverley Rowbotham ||NPAAC Chair |
|Dr Lawrence Bott||Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia|
|Dr Thomas Brennan||Australian Medical Association|
|A/Prof Richard Brightwell||Consumers Health Forum of Australia |
|Ms Sarah Just||Australian Institute of Medical Scientists |
|Professor Robert Lindeman||Public Pathology Australia|
|Mr Michael Lynch||Australian Institute of Medical Scientists|
|Dr Daniel Owens||Australian Pathology|
|Dr Michael Page||Australian Medical Association|
|Dr Dianne Prince||Consumers Health Forum of Australia |
| Professor Hans Schneider|| Public Pathology Australia |
| Professor Peter Smith|| Medical Deans of Australia and New Zealand|
| Dr William Stevenson|| Royal Australasian College of Physicians |
| A/Prof Huy Tran|| Royal Australasian College of Physicians |
| Dr Tina Yen|| Australasian Association for Clinical Biochemistry & Laboratory Medicine |
QUPC also includes two ex-officio members from the Department and an independent chairperson.
Secretariat support for the QUPC is provided by the Pathology Quality Section of the Diagnostic Imaging and Pathology Branch. Any queries please contact QUPP@health.gov.au
Role of the QUPC
The Committee‘s role is to provide advice to the Department of Health on issues relating to the pathology quality initiatives funded under the Quality Use of Pathology Program (QUPP).
QUPC Terms of Reference
The Terms of Reference for the QUPC are to:
- oversee and provide advice to Government in relation to strategic directions and proposed projects and initiatives under the QUPP;
- provide advice to assist the Department with the QUPP funding allocation in line with QUPP priorities and the objectives of the Pathology Funding Agreement (PFA);
- provide commentary on QUPP potential projects/initiatives, project applications, and on completed projects/initiatives;
- assist the Department and the Pathology Agreement Advisory Committee (PAAC) with the evaluation of QUPP investment to date; and to
- adopt and maintain a comprehensive and effective communication strategy to promote awareness of the quality use of pathology both within and outside of the pathology industry and profession.
: The references to the PFA and PAAC are no longer applicable.
The contact details for the QUPC Secretariat are as follows:
Pathology Quality Section
Diagnostic Imaging & Pathology Branch
Medical Benefits Division
Department of Health
GPO Box 9848 (MDP 851)
Canberra ACT 2601