Reformulation Targets

Page last updated: 19 February 2021

The Healthy Food Partnership Reformulation Program commenced in 2020 with the introduction of voluntary reformulation targets for 27 categories/subcategories. In 2021, the program was expanded to include a further 14 categories/subcategories.

The reformulation targets apply to 80 percent of the product category by sales volume for participating businesses, with businesses to show effort towards reformulating the remaining 20 percent of products. Each target has an implementation period of four years*, with reports on progress due to the Healthy Food Partnership Secretariat at year 2 and after year 4.

The following document provides a summary of the food categories and reformulation targets.

Summary of Food Categories and Reformulation Targets (PDF 185 KB)
Summary of Food Categories and Reformulation Targets (Word 29 KB)

Further detail on the Food Category definitions, targets and inclusion and exclusion criteria is contained in the following document.

Food Category definitions and inclusions/exclusion (PDF 296 KB)
Food Category definitions and inclusions/exclusions (Word 34 KB)