There are no limitations whatsoever on where you can undertake your GP Vocational Training as a BMP participant. However, you may be able to reduce your Return of Service Period by meeting the requirements for Eligible Vocational Training set out in your Deed of Agreement.
Once you know where you would like to undertake your Vocational Training, using the address of the practice, check the locator map at DoctorConnect to see whether the address is currently listed in a District of Workforce Shortage for GPs within an area other than an Inner Metropolitan Area. If it is, you may apply for approval to count your training in that location towards your Return of Service Period. You must apply in advance of the proposed training period.
For more information on eligible locations to meet your return of service obligation, please check the other relevant sections of this website or contact the BMP Scheme.
- Return of Service Obligation
- Return of Service Period: Eligible Locations
- Pre-Vocational Training
- District of Workforce Shortage
- GP once practising
- Specialist (non-GP) Vocational Training
- Specialist (non-GP) once practising
- Eligible Training Application Form
- Tenure Application Form
- DoctorConnect Website
- Modified Monash Model
- Bonded Medical Places (BMP) Scheme - Summary
- BMP - Contact Information