As a BMP Scheme doctor you can choose where you work, and for whom you work, when undertaking the Return of Service Period obligation. The only requirement is that you work in an eligible area as per your Deed of Agreement. Once you know where you would like to work, using the address of the practice:
- check the locator map at DoctorConnect for RA status:
- If shown as ASGC-RA 2-5/RRMA 2-7/MMM4-7, the location is eligible for you to undertake your BMP return of service.
- If ASGC- RA1/RRMA 1, check the locator map for Metropolitan status.
- If Outer Metropolitan, the location is eligible for you to undertake your BMP return of service.
- If Inner Metropolitan, email BMPScheme@health.gov.au for advice on the current District of Workforce Shortage status of that area for your chosen specialty. Please provide the practice address and type of speciality.
For more information on eligible locations to meet your return of service obligations, please contact the BMP Scheme.
- Return of Service Obligation
- Return of Service Period: Eligible Locations
- Pre-Vocational Training
- District of Workforce Shortage
- GP Vocational Training
- GP once practising
- Specialist (non-GP) Vocational Training
- Eligible Training Application Form
- Tenure Application Form
- DoctorConnect Website
- Modified Monash Model
- Bonded Medical Places (BMP) Scheme - Summary
- BMP - Contact Information