These recommendations relate specifically to the operation of services within the current GP Super Clinics in the context of the Program objectives.
- Support for service development for GP Super Clinics should focus on:
- Preventative care
- Evidence-based multi-disciplinary care
- Community engagement
- Partnerships with other health services.
- Partnerships between universities and all GP Super Clinics, potentially in the form of research networks, should be fostered to create strategic research opportunities, which address important questions about multi-disciplinary models of care and interventions which reflect patient needs.
- The Department of Health and Ageing should establish a clinical governance framework for local adaptation and application in all GP Super Clinics, and link it’s associated reporting into the regular reporting requirements.