This chapter addresses the following terms of reference for the evaluation:
- Extent to which the program, within the first 12 months of operation, has met the goals defined by the principles for the administration of the program
- Outcomes achieved as a result of Medicare Australia administering the program
- Effective integration of the program within the broader policy environment
- Improvements in the administration of the program and duplication
- Appropriate administration of the right levels of service to achieve the principles of the program and comply with the business rules.