1.1 OverviewThis module explores some of the reasons why young people may use drugs and focuses on the social and economic factors that influence drug use. It also contains information about drug use patterns and legislation and policy relevant to young people and drug use.
1.2 Learning outcomesWhen you have completed this module you will be able to:
- Identify your own personal values and attitudes regarding AOD issues and their implications for working with young people on AOD issues
- Describe current models used to understand drug-use behaviour
- Describe patterns and prevalence of drug use by young people
- Discuss a broad range of factors that can impact on AOD use by young people
- Outline harm minimisation and other current policies and frameworks that underpin AOD work with young people.
1.3 Assessment events(A good point for student to contact facilitator.)
Your facilitator will provide you with information on any assessment activities you might be required to undertake. If you are not provided with assessment information when you commence this module, make sure you ask your facilitator if there are any assessment requirements for module completion.