Healthy Eating GuidelineEncourage children to try different food types and textures in a positive eating environment.
Healthy eating habits start young
- Trying different kinds of foods helps kids build a healthy diet.
- Give kids new foods to taste.
- New textures, tastes and colours can be fun for kids.
- Being in a group can help kids to try new things.
Help kids to explore new foods
- Sit and eat with kids at meal and snack times.
- Help kids to taste all the foods on offer.
- Keep mealtimes calm and positive.
Helping parents and carers
- Encourage parents or carers to give kids different foods.
- Talk to parents or carers about what foods kids eat at home.
- Support parents or carers to eat healthy food at home.