The purpose of this report is to summarise findings from the review and provide recommendations for reform.
The report provides:
- an overview of the hearing services scheme (Chapter 2)
- a description of the legislative and contractual framework for the scheme (i.e. the legal basis for the establishment and administration of the scheme) (Chapter 3)
- a description of the assessment of the scheme (Chapter 4)
- a description of the assessment findings (Chapter 5)
- the objectives of any reform (Chapter 6)
- a description of four reform options (Chapter 7). For each option, the following information is included:
– a description of the option
Please note that this report does not include recommendations regarding Australian Hearing. The Australian Hearing legislation has not been considered as part of the review, nor has the provision of community service obligations.