The aim of the hearing services scheme is to:
- Assist people with hearing loss to maximize their potential for independent communication and improve their quality of life Hearing Rehabilitation Outcomes for Voucher Holders – 1 July 2012.
In order to receive funding from the Commonwealth for the provision of hearing services to clients (voucher holders), service providers must:
- be accredited by the Office of Hearing Services (OHS) and contracted by the Commonwealth
- utilise devices that are provided be a device supplier that has entered into a Deed of Standing Offer with the Commonwealth
- comply with all conditions of contracts, deeds and legislation
- submit a claim for the service provided.
The scheme is administered by the OHS.