The scheme also includes a number of standards which are referenced in the service provider contract.
These standards include:
- the Hearing Rehabilitation Outcomes for Voucher Holders. This document sets out 9 outcomes which must be achieved by service providers along with 20 results that must be demonstrated
- the Schedule of Service items and the Schedule of Fees
- the eligibility criteria for refitting. This is not a schedule to the contract but sets out evidence that is required to be kept on file by service providers if they are making a determination that a device is unsuitable. Again, this is described as a standard in the service provider contract
- any new standard issued by the Commonwealth in accordance with the contract. mpconsulting is not aware of any other standards which have been issued by the OHS.
Other administrative documents which could be considered quasi regulatory include, for example:
- the accreditation kit which sets out detailed requirements for applications for accreditation
- documents contained on a secure part of the OHS website including, for example, Guidelines for Audiologists Providing Clinical Advice to Audiometrists.