Technical Advisory GroupThe second national survey of psychosis, the Survey of High Impact Psychosis (SHIP), was commissioned by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing under contract to The University of Western Australia.
The survey was managed by a Technical Advisory Group, which oversaw, contributed to and approved the study protocol and procedures, including the interview and assessment schedule.
Appendix table 20-1 lists the members of the Technical Advisory Group.
In addition, Prof Stan Catts and Prof Phil Mitchell were members of the Technical Advisory Group in Phase 1 (Instrument development phase). Prof Vera Morgan, Assist. Prof Anna Waterreus and Prof Assen Jablensky had overall responsibility for the development of the interview and assessment schedule. In particular, Assist. Prof Anna Waterreus oversaw the production of the interview schedule, including coordinating responses, sourcing and integrating available resources and producing drafts of modules for further discussion and refinement.
The following individuals made invaluable contributions to the development of specific modules: Prof Johanna Badcock (Brief Cognitive Assessment Tool), Dr John Farhall and Assoc. Prof Carol Harvey (evidence base), Prof Assen Jablensky (Diagnostic Interview of Psychosis: Diagnostic Module), Dr Judith Jaeger (Multidimensional Scale of Independent Functioning), Assoc. Prof Frank Morgan offending and victimisation module), Dr Geoffrey Waghorn (employment and education modules), Assist. Prof Anna Waterreus (general practitioner survey; substance use section of the Diagnostic Interview of Psychosis: Diagnostic Module). Prof Johanna Badcock chaired the Brief Cognitive Assessment Tool subcommittee. Assist. Prof Sonal Shah played an integral role in data management and variable construction.
We also thank Dr Tim Slade for the provision of comparison data from the 2007 National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing, as well as those individuals who assisted in the preparation of this report, particularly Ms Marcelle Noja, Ms Michelle Warwick and Mr Bill Buckingham.
Appendix Table 20-1. Technical Advisory Group membershipAppendix table 20-1 is presented as a list in this HTML version for accessibility reasons. It is presented as a table in the PDF version.
- Convenor / National Project Director - Prof Vera Morgan
- National Project Coordinator - Assist. Prof Anna Waterreus
- Chief Scientific Advisor - Prof Assen Jablensky
- Chief Statistical Advisor - Prof Andrew Mackinnon
- NSW1: Hunter New England - Dr Martin Cohen
- NSW2: Orange - Dr Helen Stain
- QLD: West Moreton - Prof John McGrath; Prof Robert Bush
- SA: Northern Mental Health - Prof Cherrie Galletly
- VIC1: North West Area Mental Health Service* - Assoc. Prof Carol Harvey; Prof Pat McGorry
- VIC2: St Vincent's Mental Health Service - Prof David Castle
- WA: Fremantle, Peel and Rockingham Kwinana - Prof Vera Morgan, Prof Assen Jablensky
- Health Economics Adviser - Dr Amanda Neil
- Community/Consumer/Carer Representative - Ms Barbara Hocking (SANE Australia)
- Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing Representative - Ms Suzy Saw
- Australian Schizophrenia Research Bank Representative - Prof Vaughan Carr
Appendix table 20-2. Catchment site research teams
Fremantle, Peel &
|Martin Cohen||Helen Stain||John McGrath|
|Cherrie Galletly||Carol Harvey|
|David Castle||Vera Morgan|
|Site data |
|Martin Cohen||Helen Stain||John McGrath||Cherrie Galletly||Carol Harvey||David Castle||Vera Morgan|
|Catchment site |
|Dinesh Arya||Scott Clark|
|Douglas Scott||Peter Tyllis||David Muirhead||Peter Bosanac||Steve Addis|
|Jennifer Green||Andrea Baker||Shaun Sweeney||Laura Hayes|
Abner Poon (deputy)
|Maria Haydock||Jenny Griffith|
|Mary-Claire Hanlon||Jen Green||Andrea Baker||Imelda Cairney||Laura Hayes||Lisa Bates||Kirsty Scholes|