The Quality Framework covers organisations providing mental health services involving internet-based support and telephone counselling:
Among them are large variations in types of services, organisational structures, underpinning values, technologies used and staffing profiles. The common thread is the commitment to enhancing mental health and well-being for individuals and the community through the application of relevant innovative technologies.
The Quality Framework will assist organisations to:
- Plan, design, implement and review services against agreed industry standards.
- Undertake ongoing self-assessment for continuous improvement.
- Clarify and define expectations of the service for all stakeholders.
- Set and maintain high standards.
- Develop and apply quality indicators to performance evaluation of all aspects of the organisation.
- Enhance sustainability and demonstrate the value of the services to funders and purchasers.
- Identify and apply processes that will improve overall quality.
- Build the knowledge base and capacity of the sector
- Inform practice development.
- Contribute to overall sector growth.
- Promote innovation in the sector within agreed quality guidelines.
- Provide benchmarks for evaluating service and sector performance.
- Increase public awareness and understanding of the value of services provided.
- Enhance public accountability.