PurposeOrganisations providing the following types of mental health services are covered by the Quality Framework:
- Internet-based support services
- Telephone counselling services
- review, plan, design, and implement services against an agreed industry Quality Framework
- undertake an ongoing cycle of self assessment for the purposes of continuous improvement
- set and maintain high standards
- develop and apply performance indicators to measure quality in all aspects of the organisation.
Self assessment toolThe self assessment tool is to be used in conjunction with the Quality Framework document as an internal evaluation tool. The tool itself is divided into three parts, including:
- Part A: Self assessment form
- Part B: Development of an action plan
- Part C: Progress and monitoring report against the action plan
Part A: Self assessment formThe purpose of the self assessment form is to help you assess how well your organisation is meeting the quality principles of the Quality Framework and whether there is scope to improve in any of the framework areas. You may choose to utilise feedback from clients and staff to inform this assessment.
To complete the form assess your organisation against the main quality statement guidelines (e.g. 1.1) of the Quality Framework, ensuring consideration of any key quality elements under each guideline (e.g. 1.1.3).
The Quality Framework document provides organisational examples from within the sector, as a guide to the policies, procedures and practices that a service may have in place. These examples are made available to allow you to contextualise the elements of the Quality Framework. It should be noted that there is no one correct policy, procedure or path, to achieving the quality principles under each element of the Quality Framework.
Top of page
Part B: Development of an action planThis form can be used within the organisation to identify actions to be undertaken to improve the practices in line with the Quality Framework and the concept of continuous improvement.
This action plan will be utilised to assist the development of operational plans and may be useful for reporting purposes.