What is an eating disorder?

Where to go for help

Page last updated: May 2007

  • Your general practitioner.
  • Your community health centre.
  • Your community mental health centre.
For information on services, check the Community Help and Welfare Services and 24-hour emergency numbers in your local telephone directory.

For immediate counselling assistance, contact Lifeline on 13 1114. Lifeline can also supply you with contacts, further information and help.

More information is available at:

The Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne website (www.rch.org.au)
Reach Out Australia website (au.reachout.com)
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists website (www.ranzcp.org)
SANE Australia website (www.sane.org)

GPO Box 9848
Phone: 1800 066 247
Fax: 1800 634 400

Mental health section of the Department of Health and Ageing website (www.health.gov.au)