The detailed specifications include proposed disaggregation to be utilised when reporting the indicators. Further work is required to clarify technical issues to ensure the consistent construction of the indicators. It should be noted that all proposed desegregations are subject to the limitations of each data source and available sample size.
AgeWhen age is identified as a disaggregation the following calculation method applies (subject to limitations of the data and sample size):
- Calculating age: Age at first contact within the reporting period.
- Age groups:
- pre-school (0–<5 years).
- primary school (5–<12 years).
- secondary school (12–<18 years).
- youth/young adult (18–<25 years).
- adult by 10 year bands (25–<35, 35–<45, 45–<55, and 55–<65 years).
- older persons (65–<75, 75–<85, and 85 years and over).
Estimated residential population (ERP)The Australian Bureau of Statistics bases ERP on the most recent census, updated by migration, birth and death data, as it becomes available. Updates are released at the end of June and December each year.
Three of the Fourth Plan indicators (PI 7, PI 9 and PI 13) utilise ERP as the denominator and will utilise the June released information.