PDF Version of Brochure 2 - Water and milk are best for our kids (PDF 1420 KB)
Water and milk are best for our kids
Too much sugar is bad for you...
Drinking too many drinks high in sugar can lead to tooth decay and weight gain.
Avoid the effects by ...
- Adopting a healthy lifestyle
- Drink more water instead of soft drink
- Drink low fat milk and a limited amount of fruit juice
To be really cool, that’s the golden rule!
What is best for my kids?
WaterWater is the best drink when you are thirsty.
- Water is healthy and doesn’t have sugar.
- Drinking water fixes thirst and keeps kids hydrated.
MilkMilk is important for growing strong bones and teeth.
- Children over 2 years should drink reduced fat milk.
Fruit Juice100% fruit juice has important nutrients but also has lots of natural sugars – so don’t drink too much!
- Always choose 100% juice with no added sugar (no more than half a cup occasionally).
Give your kids a piece of fruit instead of juice.
Not sugary drinksDrinking too many drinks high in sugar can lead to:
- Tooth decay
- Weight gain
- Heart Disease
- Other Chronic Diseases
Tips: Serve in smaller glasses
Choose sugar free soft drinks.*
* diet and sugar free drinks also increase risk of tooth decay as they still contain acids which can damage teeth.