Discussion guide - Mothers' Focus Groups
The National Breastfeeding HelplineThe National Breastfeeding Helpline is a toll free24-hour, 7 day a week, telephone helpline run by the Australian Breastfeeding Association. The 24-hour helpline aims to provide easy access to women, partners and families to breastfeeding information and support provided by volunteer counsellors.
Focus group questionsWe are interested in your views as a mother about where you look for information about breastfeeding and weather you have or might in the future use the National Breastfeeding Helpline, The following questions are provided as a guide to possibile areas of focus group discussion.
- Have you heard of the Australian Breastfeeding Association's National Breastfeeding Helpline?
- Have you used the National Breastfeeding Helpline?
- If you have used the National Breastfeeding Helpline, what types of issues did you call about? Did you find the information and support provided helpful?
- Where else do you go for baby information and support about feeding your baby?
- For those who have not used the National Breastfeeding Helpline, where do you, or will you go for information about feeding your baby?
- Do you have any other coments?
Thank you for sharing your views with us.