Staff, carers and setting
- Equipment is reviewed for variety, safety and creativity.
- Environment is caring and positive, involving children, families, staff and carers.
- Staff and carers are trained and supported.
- Staff and carers act as role models when it comes to physical activity.
- A variety of resources and information is made available to families.
- Unstructured play, structured play, active transport and movement in everyday physical tasks are all included in the program.
- Play activities promote creativity and are developmentally appropriate.
- Active play opportunities, including outdoor play, are spread throughout the day.
- Program is creative.
- Program allows for children to be active, regardless of their ability level.