CDI Instructions for authors
For all work intended for submission to CDI, please follow the submission guidelines contained within the ‘Communicable Diseases Intelligence Instructions for Authors’ document, which provides detailed guidelines on
- Acceptable manuscript types
- Manuscript structure and word limits
- Authorship, ethics, copyright and privacy declarations
- Style guidelines
- Technical specifications and accessibility requirements for figures
Communicable Diseases Intelligence instructions for authors (PDF 769 KB) (Word 6.73 MB)
To ensure the efficient handling of submitted manuscripts, authors must submit the following documents and files at one time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Article Submission Coversheet.
- Article in Microsoft Word format.
- Article charts in an appropriate format (Microsoft Excel or otherwise): see Instructions for Authors.
- Article illustrations in an appropriate format, at 300 dpi resolution or higher.
- Depending on submission circumstances (see below): either a Copyright And Privacy Form or an Australian Privacy Principle 5 (APP5) Notification Form.
- Accessibility information:
- Article summary.
- Table descriptions.
- Figure descriptions.
Article Submission Coversheet
Article Submission Coversheet (PDF 410 KB) (Word 43 KB)
Copyright And Privacy Form
(Only for unsolicited contributions from authors external to the Australian Government)
Copyright And Privacy Form (PDF 114 KB) (Word 48 KB)
Australian Privacy Principle 5 (APP5) Notification Form
(Only for use by Australian Government Department of Health and Aged Care contributors, and for authors of regular surveillance reports wherein the copyright is contractually vested in the Department)
Australian Privacy Principle 5 (APP5) Notification Form (PDF 792 KB) (Word 5.44 MB)
Communicable Diseases Surveillance